👋 Hey there!
🚅 This is issue 23 of The Double E Bullet where I share two bullets of things o help you elevate your entrepreneurial journey so you work smarter, not harder.
🗓 Weekly Team Meeting
This past Saturday, my wife and I experimented with a new family ritual – ‘weekly team meeting’.
We noticed that we were overwhelmed with open loops that never seemed to close and were being put off until the next weekend…
- Household tasks
- Family errands
- Things that need discussion
- Things that need planning
- ❤️Appreciation & Feedback – We check in with each other and celebrate our wins from the week and anything that needs to be addressed
- 💲Budget – Review and Update our household budget
- 🧰 Tasks – A running checklist of tasks including errands and things that need to get done
- ⏰ Day off Activities – List of things & activities that we want to do on our days off
- ✈️ Long-Term Plans – Travel plans and things that we need to keep an eye on for the long term
In the one meeting we had, we managed to lock in our 2023 household budget, plan out a tentative set of travel plans for 2023 and deal with some long-standing pesky paperwork.
I’d love for you to give it a try and let me know what you thought of it!
🧠 Mind Hack: Commitment Devices
New year resolutions are one way to create and stick to a new habit. If you’ve tried those and a bunch of other ways to build a habit or looking to stop procrastinating, try a Commitment Device. A Commitment Device locks you into a new behavior ahead of time, giving you no choice but to change
Want to be more productive during your workday? Signup for Boomerang and pause all your emails and have them delivered at a set time in the day.
Want to spend less time on social media? Setup screen time restrictions on your phone to restrict the time you spend on social media.
Want to get deep work done? Get a remote workmate and schedule focus sessions to work together online. PS. Check out focus mate if you’re keen to use this.
We’ve all talked about PRO-crastination but what about PRE-crastination. It’s the urge to do things ahead of time knowing that it may not be the best idea.